Veterinus Derma GeL Spray
The most trusted wound care product worldwide.
Rated # 1 among 219,423 health care professionals and users
Derma GeL tube 100mL scored the highest satisfaction ratings for:
- Best wound care | Round-the-clock unsurpassed total wound care
- Best infection control | Bactericidal and bacteriostatic
- Best wound protection | No secondary dressing required + insect repellent feature
- Best results | Minimal scarring, no excessive tissue granulation (proud-flesh), no hair discoloration on regrowth
- Best "ALL in ONE" first aid product | Extending the "golden period" for suturing beyond 8 hours
- Best packaging | Handy tube & flip-top cap + tube box in 7 languages
- Best value for money | Fewer applications because of healing time acceleration
Derma GeL is an isotonic hydrogel made of high-molecular-weight polymers that promote wound healing in all animal species: horses, dogs, cats, livestock, birds, reptiles and exotics.
Derma GeL ensures bacteriostatic properties, moist environment, soothing effect, healing process enhancers, insect repellent feature and a protective layer (no secondary dressing or bandage required).
The unrivaled efficacy of this combination reduces drastically the healing time by 60% leading to fewer product applications.
Derma GeL remains unique and ahead of the rest in terms of extensive scientific research performed on 3-dimensional reconstructed skin models in order to assess its efficacy, the transcutaneous passage of pharmaceutical molecules, the cell viability rate, the absence of irritant/sensitizing effect on epithelial cells as well as the absence of mutagenicity and cytogenotoxicity, ensuring hair regrowth in the original color.
Derma GeL® - Unrivaled Efficacy.
- Maintains a moist wound environment to prevent scab formation.
- Allows epithelial cells to migrate across the wound, multiply exponentially and enhance healing.
- Encourages wounds to heal from the sides as well as the bottom; increasing wound contraction rate.
- Allows for the production of new epithelial cells that minimizes scarring and avoids hair discoloration.
- Does not harm the wound.
- Does not contain any mutagenic agents or steroids.
- Provides thermal insulation and a bacterial barrier (no bandage needed).
- Decreases pain and helps to lower inflammation.
- Speeds up the healing process.
The Healing Process
Derma GeL provides a moist environment which maintains epithelial cell viability to 97% and enables healing epithelial cells to migrate across the wound bed, multiply exponentially and enhance wound healing - increasing wound contraction speed.
The moist environment provided by Derma GeL does not permit the formation of a scab. These properties promote wound healing from the sides as well as the bottom of the wound.
A wound without moisture will form a scab. In order to heal, the epithelial cells have to migrate below the scab to reach moisture that enables them to heal the wound. Epithelial cells that have to migrate longer distances do not survive well, and this delays wound healing.
All wounds are contaminated with microorganisms. The difference between a contaminated wound and an infected wound is the concentration of microorganisms present in the wound. Proper cleansing and care of the wound will prevent the number of microorganisms from increasing to the point of infection. It is recommended that the wound be flushed generously with saline solution or warm water. The use of topical antibiotics is not recommended with Derma GeL. The protective layer and bacteriostatic properties provided by Derma GeL enable the wound to heal without bandaging while controlling bacterial proliferation.
No Bandaging Required
The conventional method of wound treatment involved applying gauze and wraps which were thought to protect the wound and speed up healing. Wounds covered with a hydrogel dressing are kept moist without the need for bandaging. Therefore, the skin heals faster, without the trauma of bandage removal and replacement.
When Derma GeL is applied, it provides an external layer of protective film. This external layer is semi-occlusive and enables the inner layer to maintain a moist environment. The moist environment is composed of hydrophilic particles and several active molecules, which absorb exudates from the wound. The combination of the protective film and the ability to absorb wound exudate creates an optimal moist environment for rapid healing.
No Excessive Tissue Granulation or Hair Discoloration
The use of Derma GeL with proper wound cleansing minimizes micro bacterial concerns that the microorganism population will not increase to infection levels, and that exudates are absorbed from the wound, providing a moist environment in which the healing epithelial cells can work to heal the wound. When keeping the wound cleansed and moist, the epithelial cells produced are identical to those prior to the damage. Derma GeL does not contain any mutagenic agents, which induce the formation of excessive tissue granulation and discolored hair on regrowth