Safe-Guard Liquid Dewormer
Safe-Guard (fenbendazole) Liquid Dewormer removes and controls Lungworms, Stomach worms (adults & 4th stage larvae), brown stomach worms, barberpole worms, intestinal worms (adult & 4th stage larvae), hookworms, thread-necked intestinal worms, bankrupt worms, and nodular worms. Treatment shows a clear advantage in dry matter intake, feedlot gain, improved health and pounds of beef produced.
Determine the proper dose according to estimated body weight. Administer orally. The recommended dose of 5 mg/kg is achieved when 2.3 mL of the drug is given for each 100 lb. body weight. Under conditions of continued exposure to parasites, retreatment may be needed after 4-6 weeks.
For dairy cattle, there is no milk withdrawal period.
- Beef and Dairy Cattle - 5 mg/kg (2.3 mg/lb.) for the removal and control of:
- Lungworm: (Dictyocaulus viviparus).Stomach worm (adults):
- Ostertagia ostertagi (Brown stomach worm).
- Stomach worm (adults 4th stage larvae):
- Haemonchus contortus/placei (barberpole worm)
- Trichostrongylus axei (small stomach worm).
- Intestinal worm (adults 4th stage larvae)
- Bunostomum phlebotomum (hookworm)
- Nematodirus helvetianus (thread-necked intestinal worm)
- Cooperia puncata and C. oncophora (small intestinal worm)
- Trichostrongylus colubriformis (bankrupt worm)
- Oesophagostomum radiatum (nodular worm).
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis treatment and control of parasitism.
Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children.
Store at or below 25°C (77°F).
Protect from freezing.
Shake well before use.
Suspension: 10% 100 mg/mL
By: Merck Animal Health