Proanthozone for Large Dogs - 50mg
by Animal Health Options
Proanthozone is a potent antioxidant supplement for dogs and cats. The main ingredient is bioflavanol from grape seed extract, but Proanthozone also contains:
- Vitamin E
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
- Vitamin A
What is oxidative stress and how will it affect my pet?
Free radicals are unstable molecules produced during normal biological processes such as breathing and the digestion of food. Free radicals are also the result of environmental factors including injury or infection. Once active, the free radical strips electrons from the molecules in many body tissues and cells causing oxidative stress.
Free radical or oxidative damage has been linked to age related diseases including arthritis, cancer, kidney/liver disorders, immune system dysfunction and heart disease. In fact, aging itself is thought to be due in large part to oxidative disease and its influence over cellular health.
What can we do about oxidative disease?
Antioxidants grab the highly reactive free radical and either remove it, neutralize it or pass the radical on to another antioxidant. Often, through a cascade of different enzymes, a free radical will pass through the body until it emerges as a harmless substance. Certain nutrients, such as bioflavanol, have the ability to neutralize or quench free radicals.
When Should I Use Proanthozone?
Research suggests that bioflavanol is useful as a nutritional support for a variety of conditions. Because oxidative stress affects so many of the body's systems, Proanthozone can be applied in a number of ways.
1. Proanthozone is best used in the form of immune system support.
- By optimizing immune responses, Proanthozone may protect against many diseases and degenerative conditions, such as skin problems, cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, dental disease, and cataracts. A strong immune system is especially important for older pets.
2. Bioflavanol helps control allergies.
- Bioflavanol inhibits enzymes that promote histamine release, inflammation, and allergic reactions. this action makes Proanthozone useful for managing allergies and asthma.
3. Bioflavanol helps protect the kidneys & liver from free radical damage.
The kidneys and liver are very susceptible to oxidative damage and Proanthozone's powerful antioxidants help protect these vital organs.
4. Bioflavanol is a chondroprotective agent.
- Bioflavanol protects joint tissues from destructive enzymes released during oxidative stress, such as at the site of an injury. Joint cartilage is mainly composed of collagen, and bioflavanol also helps strengthen these collagen fibers when they are damaged.
How do you recommend administering Proanthozone® to cats on a long term basis?
A: We recommend opening the capsule and either sprinkling the liver flavored powder onto their food or mixing it into a small amount of wet food or some other treat, such as tuna.
Manganese (1mg), Zinc (1mg), Selenium (0.02mg), Vitamin A (1000 IU), Vitamin E (10 IU), Bioflavanoid (50mg), Cysteine (20mg) derived from Animal Liver Meal, Brown Rice Powder, Grape Seed Meal, Cysteine, Freeze Dried Liver, DL-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Torula Dried Yeast (source of Glutathione), Vitamin A Palmitate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, SodiumSelinite.