Features & Benefits
- Easy to use 8 oz. or 32 oz. liquid pump
- Trouble-free exact dosage: One pump (2 ml) per 20 pounds
- Formulated to deliver substantial levels of Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA): One pump per 20 lbs = 360 mg EPA & 240 mg DHA
- The latest research suggests the Eicosaderm dose: 180 mg EPA per 10 pounds
- Improved odor and texture – putrescine extracted
- Highly palatable
- Guaranteed minimal mercury
- Augmented with antioxidants: Vitamin E
- No sugars or starch
- 16.5 calories per pump
- Largest size available
- Excellent value
Dogs & cats have strict dietary requirements for certain polyunsaturated fatty acids that are important for maintaining skin and hair coat conditions, reproductive function & tissue repair.
Current research shows that Omega-3 fatty acids also play an important role in mediating and regulating inflammatory, immune & aggregatory responses within the body. EPA is believed by experts to have a sparing effect on COX inhibitors/NSAIDS.
Omega-3 offers considerable potential for disease prevention and in the therapeutic management of a wide variety of clinical disorders.
Subsequently, Omega-3 supplements have been used in veterinary trials, predominately in animals with inflammatory and immune-based conditions, with very favorable clinical responses.
Omega-3 supplements may be beneficial to the following conditions:
- Dermatologic Diseases: Seasonal allergies, food allergies, flea bite allergy, seborrhea complex, pyoderma, dry & dull coats. They may help to support healthy skin & coat.
- Inflammation: They may help to reduce inflammation.
- Degenerative Joint Disease: Hip dysplasia, arthritis
- Thromboembolic Disease (dogs)
- Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex
- Behavioral Disorders: They may help to improve neurologic development and cognitive ability.
- Kidney, Liver, Bladder, and Cardiac Problems: They may help to support cardiac health, normal heart rhythm and maintain normal renal function.