Many, if not most, pet products are made or partly made outside the U.S.A. Most of the imports are good products, however, when given a choice, we prefer products made in the U.S.A. Our website features many items marked . These are very special products – they have met our rigid criteria to earn this mark of distinction. They are American made products.
We are very fussy about the products we sell and especially the ones we mark as “MADE IN THE USA”. After all is said and done it is our reputation that is at stake.
There are many advantages to buying made in U.S.A. products.
U.S.A. made products:
- Are subject to our country’s laws, regulations and inspections.
- Support American communities, local activities, charities and ideals.
- Pay local, state and federal taxes in the U.S.A.
- They hire and employ Americans.
Unfortunately, there are some items that may contain parts that simply are not manufactured in the U.S.A. One good example of these is the new CFS (“Curley”) light bulbs – there just aren't any American manufacturers of them. If you wait for American made CFS light bulbs you will be living in the dark for a long time.
If a manufacturer is unable to find a part manufactured in the U.S.A. and must use some imported components, we will still award it a “Made in U.S.A.” label, providing the majority of components are made in the USA and assembly and packaging is done in the USA.
Just being “Made in the USA” alone does not guarantee a product will be placed on our list. We have strong requirements to be on our website:
- Printing of all labels, tags and instructions must be printed in the USA
- The manufacturer must be headquartered in the USA
- The manufacturer must have a track record of producing products that excel.
- The manufacturer must have an outstanding record of backing their products and must have an excellent customer service reputation.
If you are a manufacturer of a product that will meet our criteria, please feel free to contact us for consideration of inclusion of your product on our website.